While the New York abortion “rights” bill signed on the 46 th anniversary of Roe v. Wade has cast a shadow of grief over the pro-life community, stories like that of Kate Bledsoe Mckinney are glittering a ray of light in the darkness.
With the recent passing of New York’s abortion law, Kate is one of many women offering hope and encouragement by sharing her personal narration about refusing doctor recommendations to terminate her baby.
After she was told by medical professionals that her son had 0% possibility of survival, Kate felt her mind flashback to the sickening remember of 10 years prior, when physicians advised her to abort her now happy and healthy twinned girls.
Choosing to rely on the faith and the influence of our sovereign God, this brave mummy hurled those’ statistics’ out the window and prayed for a miracle.
In a viral Facebook post, Kate details the miraculous expedition that resulted in birth certificates of her beautiful newborn boy, all because she had the fearlessnes to choose life 😛 TAGEND
“I have wanted to share our tale for awhile, but as you all know, I don’t post much on social media. With everything our home countries is going through, I can’t think of a better time to bite the bullet and do it.
Bobby and I found out, in March of last year, that we were going to be parents again. After a tough miscarriage a few months before, we were beyond stimulated. We decided to wait until after the first trimester to share the news.
At 16 weeks, we were scheduled for our anatomy scan to find out if it was a boy or girlfriend. It seemed like everybody is rooting for a son( since we have 3 girls ), but we were rooting for healthy! It’s no secret that I was considered’ old’ in the maternal world and that came with extra risks.
On that day , not only did we find out that we were going to be having a son, but we also found out that our baby had an anomaly, and we needed to see a specialist right away. The only info we had was that there was some liquid on the back of his cervix that could be a number of different things , none of which were good. We left the doctor the working day quite deflated.
It was an excruciating 2 weeks before I was able to see a specialist. At 18 weeks, I was told that the fluid on the back of the neck was so large that our baby son has not been able to survive. No risk at all. He had a cystic hygroma. This entailed he could have any number of trisomies, a structural imperfection, or one of his organs may not develop properly. I was encouraged to go ahead and discontinue. In happening, they could even do it that same day. It was nothing to them. Of course, I started crying…enough that the Dr. decided to leave the room to let me muster myself. All I could think about was Emma and Ella 10 years ago. We were told they only had a 32.8% luck for both to be born alive. I was encouraged to terminate them, likewise. I couldn’t guess I was here again. When he came back, I told him that there was no way I was interrupting. He then said about the risks of continuing the maternity and what the hell is happen during a stillbirth. He was still trying to persuade me to abort.
I told the Dr. I would do the bloodwork for them to run tests to see if we could pinpoint what the liquid signify, but that I wasn’t interrupting. I’m sure when the wet-nurse came in to describe my blood, she could tell I had been crying. She awkwardly asked how my appointment led, and I knew she repented asking me as soon as the words left her lip. Here I was crying…she knew it wasn’t good. I told her know that she was ok to ask and that it could have gone better. She gently residence her hand on my arm and appeared me in the eyes and said,’ Just have faith. Nothing is too big for God.’ In a doctor’s agency, where it seemed like they were handing out lollipops with abortions, “womens issues” was an angel. I know God set her there the working day to say to me that. I needed to hear it. Her figure was Whitney, and I never recognized her again in that doctor’s power in the 20+ periods I was there. She was my angel that day.
As the weeks went on, I attended my appointments on weekly basis. Every week, they wanted me to abort. I was questioned several times at every appointment. Did they get a prize for’ selling’ me on an abortion? It sure seemed as though it.
We prayed. A lot. I expected God for a miracle the night before my 26 week appointment. At the appointment, I noticed the sonogram tech didn’t step the size of the cystic hygroma.
I questioned her about it since it had been a routine assessment every week. She told me the doctor would explain it when she came in. The next 5 minutes were rough. I had no idea what was going on. I knew there was a heartbeat because I saw it and heard it. Other that, I had no clue.
The doctor trod in. A brand-new one. I had never seen her before during site visits. She was sweet and soft-spoken. “Shes had” bedside manner. If anyone was going to give me bad news, I craved it to be her. Immediately, I asked about the cystic hygroma not being measured. She gave me this sweet smile and told me that there was nothing there to quantify. It was ran. I’m not sure who seemed more shocked. I had her recur the word several times because I could not believe what was coming out of her lip. There are cases out there( believe me, I speak them day and night) where these things have resolved on their own. I knew there was a possibility. It was a very small chance, but it was there.
I delivered T.O. on November 5th. He was perfect. 10 thumbs, 10 toes and a head FULL of hair! The doctors were sickened. So much so, they extended every exam possible was seeking to figure out something that must be wrong with him. They all came back negative and clearly. He does have a very common small heart murmur that is expected to close on its own. That’s all. The babe that was given 0% percent opportunity of survival is here and healthy.
I cannot fathom the notion that I could have changed my judgment on November 4th. Just said,’ To heck with it, ’ because I changed my intellect about having this baby.
I firmly feel my faith was tested during this maternity. God wanted to see if I would do the unthinkable and abort His strategy. He wanted to see if I would believe in Him to heal our child. Boy, am I glad I did.
I choose life. Yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will pray for New York and the leaders that manufactured that decision. As I know all too well , nothing is too big for God.
I have made this post public so it may be shared. I hope it helps someone that may be going through something of their own.”
** This post initially appeared on Kate Bledsoe Mckinney‘s Facebook page.